I. How We Collect Information through the Platform
This section describes the types of information we collect through the Platform and how we use it.
A. Personal Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us through the Platform and use such Personal Information for purposes relating to the reasons you provided it to us and to help us improve the Platform. For example, we collect information such as:
- Your name, e-mail address, phone number (to help you create and manage your account);
- Payment information collected through a third-party service provider; and
- Certain personality and behavioral information about you.
B. Personal Information We Receive from Third Parties
To facilitate the services you or a loved one receives from us, we may collect information.
C. Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with the Platform, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or device. Information collected automatically may include your IP address, device ID, location data, the type of browser you are using to access the Platform, and the identity of the Platform page or feature you are requesting. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Platform, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use.
We may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, single-pixel, or clear GIFs) to track how you use the Platform for analytics and security purposes. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your device or to store information or settings on your device. You may adjust your web browser software if you do not wish to receive cookies or web beacons, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Platform’s features. Please refer to your browser instructions or help pages to learn more about these functions. To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ Platforms or apps.”
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
2. The Purposes for Which We Use Personal Information
If you submit or we collect Personal Information through our Platform, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways: (i) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Platform and services; (ii) to contact you in connection with our Platform and certain services, notifications, events, programs or offerings that you may have registered for; (iii) to send you updates and promotional materials that you have registered for; (iv) to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of our Platform and services that you are authorized to access; (v) for recruiting and human resources administration purposes; and (vi) to protect our rights and/or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Platform.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
- Our Vendors. We employ service providers and other vendors to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Platform or our services, such as credit card processing, marketing, and web hosting. We take appropriate measures to help ensure that our service providers provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as we do.
- Advertisers. We may use third-party service providers to provide us with advertising, conversion tracking, or similar services. You may find out more about your choices by using the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page located at www.aboutads.info/choices and the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page located at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of E3 or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Platform, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person.
4. Protection of Your Personal Information
While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Platform, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. Your Personal Information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us.
5. Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information
Users of the Platforms may log into the Platform and correct or update certain Personal Information. In addition, you can request that we correct, update, or delete your Personal Information by emailing a request to us. We will promptly process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
6. Opting Out
We may send notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. Please note that certain Platform-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Platform, and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
7. Third-Party Websites
The Platform may include or provide links to other websites that we do not control. Even if an affiliation exists between E3 and third-party websites, each of these linked Platforms maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, which we encourage you to consult.
8. Users from Outside the United States
The Platform is intended for residents of the United States. If you are using the Platform from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Platform, you consent to your information being transferred to and processed in the United States.
9. No Children
This Platform is not for use by children. Any information we receive from users we believe to be children will be purged from our database.